Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Here we go.

NOTE: FALSE
Ignore everything below (but you can still read it). The Internet man came today and set everything up, then proceeded to say that our router will arrive in 48 hours. Still. Waiting. Fooey.

After 4 weeks of living in Motril we should soon (as in today) have Internet at our piso. After signing our contract with the company almost 2 weeks ago they finally called earlier this week to set up an appointment. They had said that they would come between 5-10 days after the signing of the contract, and today is day 11. Awesome. You have got to love the Spanish customer service.

With us having Internet my pocket book and my stomach will benefit.

Going to McDonalds everyday to use their Internet makes me feel guilty and each time I went I had been buying a cheeseburger or a small fry. I have probably spent more money at McDonalds the last 2 weeks then I will on our Internet the next 3 months! Our Internet is 10 Euros a month (for the first three months) and I will pay a third of that 10, so roughly 3 Euros and 33 cents. That is three cheeseburgers at McDonalds. Or 2 cheeseburgers and a fry, or three fries. You get the point. I will be saving money.) I spend that in three days at McDonalds, and will be spending it in 30 days at our piso. I guess I could have sucked it up and not used the Internet everyday. But what would I do without reading my Michigan sports blog, ESPN, FoxNews, the NY Times and Skyping with my lovely girlfriend everyday? Not be American that’s what. The things that keep me connected to my country...

My body will also thank me. In the United States I rarely ate McDonalds, and if I did eat some sort of fast food McDonals would usually be my last choice (Wendy’s is were it is at...). I will admit, there were days where that all so American cheeseburger tasted so good. McDonalds is one of those places you can always count on to make you feel home, and it had been my home for about an hour a day for the last two weeks.

When I was in Honduras earlier this year I was able to consistently run up and down Celaque 3-4 times a week. I kept this schedule for a good portion of my time down there, and at one point was probably in some of the best shape of my life; running up that mountain was no run through the park. With Internet at home and no more McDonalds in my belly I am hoping to start running here in Spain. My roommate Emily has consistently been able to do it, and I think it is time I get going on it myself. Being a man of time management I think I have a good idea of where I am going to insert it into my "busy" 20-hour a week work schedule.

So, game on and here we go.

Hasta Luego.

*This was posted at school with no spelling correction (well, there is spelling corrections but every word has a red line under it because its Spanish corrections). I will edit it later, so if you are reading this message I apologize for poor writing mistakes in the above post.

1 comment: