Friday, June 10, 2011

January 17, 2011 and Morocco.

Well, today marks exactly a week until my arrival home, but I am not done traveling yet...

On Monday morning I will be hopping on a ferry here in Algeciras and be heading to Morocco for 3 days and two nights. I will be heading across the Straight of Gibraltar to Ceuta (the Spanish colony in Africa) where I will make my way across the border into Morocco and catch a taxi to the nearest Moroccan bus station. From there, I will hop on a bus to Chefchaouen, a town famous for its blue buildings.


I will spend a night there (Monday night) and then Tuesday morning head to Fez, where I will spend all day Tuesday and Tuesday night.


Wednesday I will head up to Tangers, where I will spend the afternoon and catch one of the later ferries back to Tarifa where my uncle will be picking me up.

Wednesday night will be my last night in Spain, because Thursday afternoon I fly to Dublin, and then Friday morning back to Chicago! I am not sure if I will get a chance to post another entry before I arrive back into the States, so this may be my last ever post from Spain. Crazy.

I will be honest, I am a little nervous about traveling through Morocco. I will be alone, but I was also alone in London. The biggest thing will be the language. But I really don't intend on interacting that much, and have installed a small French-English translator on my iTouch. That will hopefully be enough for me to do the basics. I am basically just going to experience the culture, and see why so many people I have talked to have told me Morocco is a must if you have the opportunity. I will be sure to include an entry and pictures of my trip once I get home.

Anyway, for all of you who have read my blog the last 10 months, thank you. I know there were times where I strayed away from routine posts, but overall I have enjoyed keeping it and giving all of you the opportunity to read what I have been up to here in Spain.


Thanks and I will hopefully see most of you upon my arrival home!

No comments:

Post a Comment