Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wait, where am I?


View Larger Map
(Hit that minus ("-") button once to zoom out and see where I went)

I don't think its hit me yet, you know, the fact that I am in Spain now, and will be for the next 10 months. I had a little bit of the realization yesterday when we took a 20 minute car ride west to Tarifa. This is a town located right on the water and is known for its spectacular beach and strong winds, which makes it one of the most popular wind surfing destinations around. Although the wind wasn't blowing that strong yesterday it was an incredible beach. We stopped at a beach front cafe and had a cup of coffee and took in the surroundings. It was a pretty cloudy day, but as we sat there on the water the sun began to poke out. It lit up the town which was to the south of where we were and in the process a rainbow was formed. It was pretty awesome.



After relaxing for a while we finished off our coffee and began to head back towards Algeciras. On the way we stopped at a lookout. This is where it really hit me for the first time. I sat there, looking out towards the Mediterranean, with Africa in the background. Here I am, in Spain. My home for the next 10 months. Craziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment